Living the Keto lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to skip dessert! These sugar-free, low carb Pecan Toffee Bars taste just like pecan pie and are so easy to make!!
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
3/4 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener or Monkfruit
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 Tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
3 cups pecans and/or walnuts, whole or chopped
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9×9 or 8×8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang over the sides to make for an easy removal.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine almond flour, powdered sweetener, and salt. Pulse to combine. Sprinkle with butter cubes and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. You can also cut in butter with pastry cutter.
- Press dough into bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes, until just beginning to brown on edges. Remove and let cool while you prepare the topping.
- In a medium, heavy duty saucepan over medium heat, combine Swerve and butter and stir until Swerve is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook without stirring until mixture darkens to an amber color, about 5-7 minutes (time may vary).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt. If the mixture appears to be separating, stir in 2 tbsp of powdered Swerve until it comes back together.
- Sprinkle crust evenly with pecans and/or walnuts. Pour toffee mixture evenly over the top of the crust. Bake another 15-20 minutes, until topping has darkened and bubbles thickly. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
This recipe will make 16 bars and each serving (1 bar) is 1.83 g NET CARBS.