When my Husband and I first started living the Ketogenic lifestyle back in May 2018, the hardest part for me was satisfying my sweet tooth! My Husband, bless his heart, does not have that same “problem”. I needed something sweet almost every night after the kids went to bed (as I was no longer eating sugar) and that’s when I was introduced to the 2nd love of my life….FAT BOMBS! There are a variety of different recipes, but this is one of my favorites!! You can pop them in the freezer and whenever you’re feeling hungry or need something sweet, 1-2 of these magical balls will keep you feeling full and satisfied!
Until you’re fat adapted, which usually takes about 4-6 weeks, you will be hungry between meals and the best thing you can do during those times is feed yourself more fat. Fat keeps you satiated and your body will start burning fat for fuel, aka being in a state of ketosis! If eaten within your keto diet macros, fat bombs will give you a good increase in energy and blood ketone levels, therefore, they will help you lose weight. Please keep in mind that they should be eaten in moderation. The energy/calories from one fat bomb should fuel you for hours and keep you in ketosis!!
1/2 cup peanut butter, room temperature (no sugar added)
5 oz. melted dark unsweetened chocolate (Lily’s Chocolate Chips)
1 tsp Monkfruit (you can also use Stevia or Swerve)
7 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/4 macadamia nuts (finely chopped)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients listed except for the nuts and mix them with a fork.
- Let the mixture set in the fridge for about 20 minutes
- With your hands, roll out small pieces of the mixture into 1″ balls and place them on a serving platter.
- Roll entire ball or just dunk half into the finely chopped nuts and place into a freezer ziploc bag.
- You can refrigerate them for another 20-30 minutes, or enjoy right away!
I like to store mine in the freezer, but you can also refrigerate them!
This recipe makes about 12 servings (1 fat bomb is a serving) depending on
how big your balls are…….ummmm, how big you make your balls.