If you’re looking for a dinner idea that is healthy, something the kids will love, and takes less than 20 minutes to put on the table, then look no further! These chicken fritters are made with canned chicken that you can find at Costco and are so easy to make! They’re super crispy, cheesy, and go so well with this lemony arugula and tomato salad! YUM!!
Chicken Fritters– makes about 12 fritters
2- 12.5 oz cans canned chicken breast, drained (you can also use meat from rotisserie chicken)
1/2 shredded cheese
1/4 cup mayonaisse
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp onion powder
1/4 grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp almond flour
salt and pepper to taste
EVOO or Avocado oil for frying
- In a medium size bowl, combine all ingredients and set aside. (If mixture is too wet, add more grated parm or almond flour to thicken)
- Preheat oil in a large skillet. You need enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan, and about 1/2 inch up the sides.
- Roll mixture into balls or small patties and carefully set in pan.
- Cook fritters on all sides until golden brown.
- Once cooked, drain fritters on paper towel.
Tomato and Arugula Salad
2 Tbsp EVOO
Grape Tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper to taste
Shredded Parmesan to garnish
- In a medium bowl, squeeze the juice from half a lemon and then whisk in 2 Tbsp EVOO. Add salt and pepper.
- Add a few handfuls of arugula and toss with tongs.
- Add grape tomatoes and give it another toss to combine.
Put dressed salad on a plate or bowl and top with fritters. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan and a lemon wedge to garnish!