Breakfast for dinner is our go-to for busy weeknights around here! This quiche is a nice change of pace from the usual bacon and eggs and it can be made ahead of time which is so nice when you don’t have a lot of time in the evenings! And bonus…..you can cook it all in just 1 pan!!
12 slices uncured thick bacon, cut into pieces
1 lb mushroom, sliced thick
4 cups baby spinach or kale
1/2 heavy cream
1 cup feta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, heavy cream, feta, salt and pepper together and set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. *Do not drain the bacon fat.*
- Once the bacon is cooked, add sliced mushrooms and stir.
- Then, add spinach or kale and cook until wilted.
- Pour in egg mixture and using a silicone baking spatula, stir and scrape sides constantly until the eggs just begin to thicken and set.
- Put skillet in the oven and cook until the edges are browned and the eggs in the middle have set.
- Top with a sprinkle of feta and serve!
We enjoy this quiche with a simple salad made of arugula, grape tomatoes, and lemon vinaigrette. The acidic dressing is a great compliment to the richness of the quiche! Delicious!!