Another Instant Pot experiment turned into yet another family favorite recipe!! I cooked this dish in the pressure cooker in less than 20 minutes with frozen stew meat! It was scrumptious and perfect for a chilly fall evening!
- ⅔ cup water
- 6 gloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup hot water
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp xantham gum
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 2 lbs beef (stew meat, chuck roast or flank steak), cut into small pieces or thin strips
- 1 lb broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- Set the Instant Pot to ‘saute’, add sesame oil and let it get warm. Combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar substitute, garlic and ginger in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth.
- Once the pot is hot, add beef, salt and pepper, and cook until each side is browned.
- Push the cancel or stop button and pour in the soy sauce mixture and stir to make sure all of the meat is coated in the sauce. Close with the lid and set to ‘high pressure’ and cook for 12 minutes.
- While the beef cooks, steam your broccoli in either a steamer over the stove, or in a microwave-safe bowl until tender and set aside.
- Make a slurry of the xantham gum and hot water in a small bowl and add to the pot once the meat is done and the pressure has been released. The sauce should thicken after a few minutes.
- Then, add in the steamed broccoli and stir to combine everything together!
- Serve over zoodles or cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds and ENJOY!