Baking season is upon us and I. Am. Here. For. It. I take my cookies seriously so I have been tweaking and testing recipes for almost a year, now, trying to create the perfect chocolate chip cookies! These are SO good and taste even better than the recipe I used to make before I started keto! My kids go crazy over these!! The (optional) coconut flour makes them even fluffier, but the secret is the pack of unflavored gelatin which makes them super duper soft and fluffy!
Check out the recipe below!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, not melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 3/4-1 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (OPTIONAL) – only if you want them fluffier
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheet (if needed) or use a silicone baking mat on top of a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, add butter and coconut oil. Beat with a hand mixer until combined. If the butter is not softened, use the warm melted coconut oil to help soften it.
- Add granular and brown monkfruit, egg, vanilla to creamed butter mixture and combine further with hand beater. You can also add the optional coconut flour here as well.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, gelatin and salt. Mix well.
- Add almond flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well with hand beater. Sprinkle in xantham gum and mix until combined.
- Lastly, add chocolate chips and mix.
- Roll chocolate chip cookie dough into small balls and line baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges start to brown and let cool on counter baking sheet before removing with spatula.