We had leftover Burger Buns (recipe here), so I thought I’d whip up a breakfast sandwich that would leave me full and satisfied until dinner since I’ll be out and about all day today! This is my new favorite sandwich! A buttery bun, cheddar cheese, an egg cooked to over-easy, gooey perfection, drenched in a creamy gravy loaded with sausage. DELICIOUS!!!! You can find my burger bun recipe by clicking the link above, but here is how I get down with the gravy.
1 lb Jimmy Dean Sausage (breakfast or spicy)
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
2 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook 1 lb pork sausage in large pan over medium high heat. Once browned, pour in heavy whipping cream and stir. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle in xantham gum and continue stirring until the gravy thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut buns in half, horizontally, and spread with butter on both sides. Lay them in a skillet, cut side down, and toast until brown. Set aside on a plate.
- Cook an egg (or 2) however you like and put it on top of the bottom bun and place a slice of cheese on top of the egg. Spoon a few scoops of gravy on the egg and then place the other half of the bun on top!
You’ll need a fork and a knife for this creation! This sandwich also makes a great dinner on a chilly night! It’s super filling and incredibly delicious!