- 2 lb bag cauliflower florets, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese, divided (I use a mix of cheddar and Monterey jack)
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add butter. Once melted, add chopped cauliflower and cook for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, stir, and take off heat. Set aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, add heavy cream, ground mustard, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and whisk. Continue whisking slowly until the edges start to bubble.
- Add 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese and whisk until the cheese melts and reduce heat to low.
- Add xantham gum and whisk again until combined. Remove from heat and pour over thee cauliflower.
- Stir the sauce with the cauliflower, top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika and bake in the oven until cheese is melted, browned, and the cauliflower is tender. About 15 minutes.