Who here loves cake in crab form? ME!! These were a favorite over the holidays! I think we made them at least 10 times. I buy the super lumb crab meat from Costco so it’s super fast, easy, and delicious! I use cheese in my recipe, which I know for some people might sound weird using seafood and cheese. I’m not a fan myself, but you don’t taste it or even notice it in there when it’s cooked. It works great as a binder since we aren’t adding breadcrumbs to the mixture!
- 16 oz super lump crab meat
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning (or you can use a mixture of paprika, celery salt, and salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
Spicy Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp lemon juice
1. In a large mixing bowl, gently mix all of the ingredients for the crab cakes together being careful not to shred the meat if you want to keep the lump texture.
2. Form mixture into 2 inch balls and gently press into patties and place on a plate.
3. Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add EVOO.
4. Once the oil is hot, gently place patties into pan and cook until golden brown, usually takes about 3 minutes. Cook the other side until golden brown.
*To make the Spicy Mayo, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. You can use more or less Sriracha depending on how spicy you like it!
We enjoy our Crab Cakes on Caesar Salad with Avocado and sliced grape tomatoes, or with Keto Spaghetti, or just by themselves! They also make a great appetizer!!