My birthday is just a couple of weeks away and I figured I’d change it up a bit this year and go with one of my childhood cake request faves! This cake takes me back to when my Mom would make a 9×13 yellow cake and top it with a can of chocolate frosting. *drool* Nothing complicated, but so tasty! My Husband isn’t a huge fan of chocolate and said this might be his favorite keto dessert. When I asked him to choose which was his favorite between the Berry Lemon Loaf I made over the weekend and this cake, he chose the cake, much to my surprise. It was basically a tie, but who can pass up a slice of nostalgia?
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
3/4 cup lily’s dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar substitute
3 tbsp butter (softened)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cake batter extract
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease an 8×8 baking dish or a loaf pan with cooking spray or butter or line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, add eggs, sweetener, vanilla extract and cake batter extract. Using an electric mixer, mix for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs look frothy.
- Add heavy cream and mix again.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then use the mixer to mix together. Add the butter and continue mixing.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and then transfer the batter to the baking dish.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes at 350* or until cooked through.
- Let cool and ENJOY!