*Makes 12 muffins*
2 cups almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 1/2 baking powder tsp
pinch of salt
1/2 cup mixed berries (I used the frozen mix from Costco)
3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar substitute
3 tbsp butter (softened)
1/2 tsp cake batter extract (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray or line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, add eggs, sweetener, vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, mix for 2-3 minutes or until the eggs look frothy.
- Add heavy cream and mix again.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and add the lemon zest, then use the mixer to mix together. Add the butter and continue mixing.
- Fold in the berries and then transfer the batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350* or until cooked through.
- Let cool while you prepare the lemon glaze.
1/2 cup Monkfruit Powdered Sugar
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp lemon juice or 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients until well combined.
- When muffins are completely cool, dip the top of the muffins into the glaze and place them on a plate for glaze to set.