So, so glad that cheese is considered a keto grade A+! This recipe makes for a great appetizer (with or without salami and olives), it’s perfect to take camping, or just to keep in the fridge when you need a little snack. It comes together super fast, it’s just the waiting for the marinade to do it’s job that’s the hard part. Enjoy!!
1 lb sharp white cheddar cheese (cubed)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp sea salt
3 garlic cloves (minced)
6 thyme sprigs
- Cut cheddar cheese into bite-sized cubes.
- In a small bowl, add EVOO, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper flakes and whisk to combine.
- Add thyme springs.
- Place cubed cheese in a shallow bowl or Tupperware and pour the marinade over it.
- Cover and chill for at least 12 hours. I like to give it a little shake every few hours to make sure all the cheese gets coated.
- Bring to room temp before serving.