The 4th of July is coming in HOT in a few days and who doesn’t love potato salad to go alongside your burgers and hot dogs?! Potatoes, however, are a HUGE no-no when you’re living the keto lifestyle, but don’t fret! Cauliflower to the rescue, once again! The first time I made this last summer, my Grandma didn’t even realize it was made with cauliflower and that’s saying something because she LOVES herself some potatoes! It’s so easy to make!!
-1 head of cauliflower (cut into small bites)
-6 hard-boiled eggs (sliced)
-2 tbsp dill pickles (minced)
-1/4 cup red onion (diced)
-12 strips bacon (crumbled)
-1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
-3/4 cup mayonaisse
-2 tsp dijon mustard
-1/2 tsp celery salt
-1/2 tsp dried dill
-salt and pepper to taste
- Add cauliflower florets to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 5-7 minutes (or until desired texture). DO NOT boil florets as they will become too watery.
- Add pickles, onion, bacon, and egg to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients to make the dressing and mix well.
- Pour dressing over the top of the cauliflower (while still warm) and toss until everything is coated.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour or longer. The longer it sits, the better!!