I usually make this sour cream sauce when I make my green enchiladas, but I decided to mix it up a bit and give it a try with red sauce and I’m so glad I did!! This was such a winner!! If you’re lazy keto or dirty keto, you can use store bought taco seasoning, but if you’re strict, I added a homemade taco seasoning for you. Enjoy!!
Ingredients for Beef Roast:
3–4 lb chuck roast
1 yellow onion (sliced)
3 tablespoons taco seasoning (recipe below)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1-10 oz can Rotel or diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup beef broth
1-28 oz can red enchilada sauce (1/2 cup divided)
Homemade Taco Seasoning:
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried onion or onion powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp black pepper
Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir until combined. Store in airtight container or Ziploc bag.
1. Rub roast with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning on each side. Set electric pressure cooker to sauté function. When hot, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place the roast in the pressure cooker to brown on both sides.
2. Temporarily remove roast and and add sliced onions. Saute until translucent. Deglaze the pot using beef stock, scraping until all brown pieces are loosened (not deglazing will cause the pot not to pressurize). Place the roast back into the pot.
3. In a small bowl, combine Rotel, remaining taco seasoning, 1/2 cup red sauce and vinegar. Pour over roast.
4. Secure lid onto pressure cooker. Set pressure cooker to seal and to pressure cook on high for 50 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes before quick release.
5. Remove the roast from the pot and place on a plate. Break into pieces (can also shred with two forks, if desired). Set aside.
Ingredients for Sour Cream Sauce:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups full fat sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
salt and pepper
1-7 oz can diced green chiles
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, add heavy cream, cream cheese and sour cream and stir until combined.
- Add diced green chiles, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted completely. Set aside.
Ingredients to assemble Enchiladas:
Low Carb Flour Tortillas
Sour Cream Green Chile Sauce
Remaining can of red sauce
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- In a medium skillet, warm the remaining red sauce over medium low heat. Remove from heat.
- Heat tortillas in microwave for about 40 seconds.
- In a casserole dish, spread about 3 Tbsp of red sauce on the bottom of the pan so the enchiladas don’t stick.
- Dip a tortilla into the saucepan to coat both sides with sauce.
- Lay the tortilla in the casserole dish and fill with shredded beef and cheese.
- Roll up so the seam side is down. Repeat this process until you run out of tortillas or until you have made your desired amount of enchiladas.
- Pour any remaining red sauce over the enchiladas.
- Pour Sour Cream sauce over the top and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- OPTIONAL: Top with lettuce, olives, salsa, avocado, etc!
**I assemble everything on the counter top in an assembly line as follows from left to right:
-pan of warmed sauce