We have been doing pizza and movie every Friday night since we got together. Our kids absolutely love it and look forward to it every week! I don’t know if my Husband would be able to survive keto without pizza, so Fathead Dough was discovered! So, so yummy!! The crust freezes really well, too, BTW!!
Keto Pizza Dough:
3.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1.5 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xantham gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp italian seasoning, opptional
1/2 tsp garlic powder, optional
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Place mozzarella in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes. Stir to make sure all the cheese is melted. You may need to microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds if all the cheese has not melted. Remove from microwave and set aside.
- In a large separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking powder, xantham gum, salt and seasonings and set aside.
- Add egg to the melted mozzarella cheese and mix to combine.
- Slowly add the almond flour mixture to the cheese mixture. Use an electric mixer or food processor, and stir until you have a dough ball. You can also knead the dough by hand until it comes together.
- Once combined, form a dough ball. Knead the dough a couple times on a lightly almond floured surface until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Place the ball in between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll our to desired thickness. Remove top parchment paper and place of top of silicone mate on a baking sheet.
- Par-bake crust for about 8 minutes, carefully flip dough over and add sauce, and desired toppings.
- Put back in oven until crust is golden and cheese is melted and starting to brown.