I can’t believe that Thanksgiving is only 2 days away! I decided to get a jumpstart on food prep this year, so today I focused my efforts on dessert! My Mother-In-Law makes a delicious Walnut Bourbon Pie that has quickly become a family favorite, and we live in the middle of a walnut orchard so we have an endless amount of walnuts, so I decided to Keto-fy the pie this year! It is soooooooo tasty!!! You can also check out my recipe for Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake by clicking here
For the crust:
For the filling:
1/2 cup SF Maple or Pecan Maple Syrup
1/2 cup monkfruit
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups roughly chopped walnuts or pecans
1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
2 ounces bourbon
- Mix dry ingredients with the melted butter in a medium size bowl.
- Add 1 egg and mix into a dough ball.
- Spread dough into a pie pan with your hands, making sure you press dough up the edge.
- Pre bake pie crust before adding the filling in the oven at 375* for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix all of the ingredients except the nuts in a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Line the bottom of the cooled crust with the nuts.
- Pour the filling mixture over the nuts and level it out.
- Bake for 50 minutes or an hour until the filling has set. If the crust begins to get too brown, you can cover it with tin foil and continue baking.
- Let the pie cool and serve chilled!